Adult bed bugs are oval, flat, approximately 1/5 inch long, and brownish-red or translucent in color. The nymphs appear identical to the adults, but are smaller in size.
Bed bugs generally feed at night and hide in mattresses and box springs, cracks in bed frames, under loose wallpaper, behind picture frames, and inside furniture and upholstery. Bed bugs can go without feeding for as long as 550 days.
Bed bugs may be picked up in hotels, theaters, on buses and trains, or brought into homes on clothing, furniture or personal items.
Bed bugs can go without feeding for as long as 6 months.
Bed bugs are controlled with a series of treatments (2-4 visits) every 2 weeks until the problem is resolved. Tenants must properly prepare their unit for treatment to ensure an effective treatment.
Click here to download the Bedbug Treatment Preparation Instructions.
PREPARATION FOR BEDBUG TREATMENT
- ALL TENANTS AND PETS MUST REMAIN OUT OF UNITS FOR AT LEAST 4 HOURS AFTER TREATMENT.
- BUY MATTRESS COVERS FOR BOTH THE MATTRESS & BOX SPRING AND PUT THEM ON AFTER 1ST TREATMENT (KNOCKDOWN).
- CLEAN AND BAG: BED LINENS, PILLOWS, CURTAINS, WINDOW DRESSINGS, CLOTHES AND ALL PERSONAL ITEMS
- MAKE SURE THAT BAGS ARE TIED TIGHTLY AND HAVE NO HOLES IN THEM.
- REMOVE: PICTURES FROM WALLS, THROWS AND CUSHIONS FROM LIVING ROOM COUCH AND CHAIRS
- FISH TANKS MUST BE UNPLUGGED AND COVERED.
- ALL TELEVISIONS / COMPUTERS ELECTRONIC DEVICES SHOULD BE UN-PLUGGED FOR AT LEAST 4 HOURS.
- PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS, YOU WILL ATTRACT BEDBUGS INTO AREAS THAT WERE NOT PREVIOUSLY INFESTED.
- IT IS RECOMMEND TO LEAVE CLOTHES AND PERSONAL ITEMS IN STORAGE BAGS UNTIL PEST PROBLEM IS ERRADICATED.
Call now for more information on bedbugs (617) 464.1305